The estate required total renovation as the house and outbuildings had remained untouched since the 1930’s. The original house comprised of 15 bedrooms with only 2 bathrooms. It now has 10 bedrooms with 5 bathrooms – more suited to modern life. The outbuildings were also renovated and a new swimming pool created within the old vegetable garden. The listed status meant that the traditional features of the house such as the ‘Green Long Corridor’ were retained but allowed the insertion of a new main staircase and kitchen/family areas.
Listed manor house refurbishment